Privacy Notice for Bungay Black Dog Running Club
Bungay Black Dog Running Club are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For any personal data you provide for the purposes of your membership, Bungay Black Dog Running Club is the Data Controller and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
What personal data we hold on you
You may give us information about you by filling in forms at an event or online, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register with the club. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, email address, phone number, name of the EA affiliated clubs with which you are registered and gender (athletics data).
Why we need your personal data
The reason we need your athletics data is to be able to administer your membership, and provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with the club. Our lawful basis for processing your personal data is that we have a contractual obligation to you as a member to provide the services you are registering for.
Reasons we need to process your data include:
For training and competition entry
- sharing personal data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions.
- sharing personal data with club team managers to enter events.
- sharing personal data with facility providers to manage access to the track or check delivery standards, and
- sharing personal data with leagues, county associations (and county schools’ associations) and other competition providers for entry in events.
For funding and reporting purposes
- sharing anonymised data with a funding partner as condition of grant funding (e.g. Local Authority).
- analysing anonymised data to monitor club trends.
- sending an annual club survey to improve your experience as a club member.
For membership and club management
- processing of membership forms and payments.
- sharing data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events.
- club newsletter promoting club activity.
- publishing of race and competition results.
- processing and administration for the clubs training payment scheme.
Marketing and communications (where separate consent is provided)
- sending information about promotions and offers from sponsors;
- sending information about selling club kit, merchandise or fundraising.
On occasion, we may collect personal data from non-members, for example in relation to the club beginner’s programmes. This information will be stored for one month or the duration of the activity / program and then destroyed securely. Our lawful basis for processing data is consent. Therefore, we will also need explicit consent from non-members to process this data, which we will ask for at the point of collection.
The club has the following social media pages: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. All members are free to join these pages. If you join one of the social media pages, please note that provider of the social media platform(s) have their own privacy policies and that the club do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data on the club social media pages.
Who we share your personal data with
When you become a full member of Bungay Black Dog Running Club, you will also automatically be registered as a member of England Athletics Limited. We will provide England Athletics Limited with your athletics data which they will use to enable access to the MyAthletics portal. England Athletics Limited will contact you to invite you to sign into and update your MyAthletics portal. You can set and amend your privacy settings from the MyAthletics portal. If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it is shared with England Athletics Limited, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The club does not supply any personal data that it holds for this purpose to any other third party. The Club does not store or transfer your personal data outside of the UK.
How long we hold your personal data
We will hold your personal data on file for as long as you are a member with us. Athlete data is updated every year on annual membership forms. Any personal data we hold on you will be securely destroyed after five years of inactivity on that member’s account, in line with England Athletics Limited’s retention policy. Your data is not processed for any further purposes other than those detailed in this policy.
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a data subject, you have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about the processing of your personal data.
As a data subject you are not obliged to share your personal data with the club. If you choose not to share your personal data with us, we may not be able to register or administer your membership.